Note: These two Round Dancing classes are OUTSIDE Meridian Manor, and have a small cost.
But they are highly recommended to "turbocharge" your ballroom dancing education.
- We urge you to try BOTH these classes for at least a few sessions.
- What you learn in the first class, should be REINFORCED in the second class. We can also try to PRACTICE the basic steps in our Thursday night sessions in Meridian Manor.
What is Round Dancing: (also known as Choreographed Ballroom Dance)?
- "Round dancing is a form of ballroom dance since we learn and practice many rhythms just like ballroom dancing. But it also is different because we have cuers who tell us the name of each step so we don't have to memorize a routine."
Class #1 - Thur Jan 2, 2014 (10 am - noon)
- At Venture Out, Steve & Lori Harris, 480-664-0805
Info is on home page of their website, at slharris.net -- scroll down about 18 inches from the top.
Here's a copy of the text on that page:
Beginner Two-Step and Waltz Class -- No Experience Necessary
(Even if you think you have two left feet, join us anyway!)
Thursdays, starting January 2, 2014
10 am - Noon
Jan. 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30, 2014
Feb. 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2014
March 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2014
Venture Out RV Resort Ballroom
5001 E. Main St., Mesa AZ
- At Rock Shadows at 600 So. Idaho Rd in Apache Junction.
- Taught by Chuck & Sandi Weiss, 480-830-9251, DanceWithChuckAndSandi.com
Use this link to open their PDF flyer for the class:
Or go to dancewithchuckandsandi.com/flyers , then click on the 4th link from the top that reads "Beginners 2014.pdf ".
FYI: Lessons we were taking in Pennsylvania:
- Two videos of our instructors Frank and Sandy Hartzel demonstrating basic round dance Cha Cha steps can be found on Youtube here: youtube.com/user/RiverValleyDance
- Five videos of our instructors demonstrating basic round dance Waltz steps can be found in this Picasa album: picasaweb.google.com/ballroomdances.net/Waltz1